Friday, November 6, 2015

Book Review: Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan

The book I chose to review was Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan. I chose this book because it was unlike any other children's book I have ever read; both the art and the writing was imaginative and beautifully done. It is a fun and adventurous way to explain the seemingly unexplained goings on in a suburban town. The whole book really speaks to the imagination that a child possesses and reading this as an adult has a unique quality that brings you back to childhood, when you were telling stories such as these short tales. I highly recommend this book and other books by Shaun Tan!

5 comments:

  1. This is such a nice review! I have never read this book and your review has sparked my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review!! As you have said, the art work is amazing just from the cover. It definitely makes you interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read this book and neither have my children. The cover is eye catching and I would like to learn more about it because I do think it will be of interest to my children.

    ReplyDelete