Saturday, December 12, 2015

Module 10

I enjoyed the last chapter of the book, because while reading this I never even thought of the possibility of Literacy 3.0! I loved learning about literacy 2.0 and all its advantages that I have never noticed before, even as someone who grew up always having the internet; so, when they touched on literacy 3.0 and what it could hold, it was very exciting for me! Already, I have so many ideas for my future classroom and students, so I am sure in the next few years I will be learning even more. I also enjoyed the communities that are set up just for teachers to share different websites, ideas, and activities with other teachers; I think that it is a great way to keep in touch with others and to get new ideas from other teachers!

                I think that I still have a long way to go before I can say that I am an expert with the internet, but this class and this book really showed me what the internet can do! When I started this class, I would only use google as a search engine and didn’t know about all the great sites that I could have been using to further my education. I feel as though I have learned a lot about what the internet has to offer and how I can improve my learning experience and the learning experiences of my future students, so I am sad that this class is over, but I know that it is not the end of my online literacy explorations! I am definitely going to try to keep blogging, because I feel like it can help my writing skills and help my ideas get even better! Maybe people will even read it! The only problem is, now that this class is over, I don’t know what to blog about! But I definitely really enjoyed this class and I am excited to explore more possibilities on my own! 

7 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,
    I also never really understood everything that was available on the web, especially for teachers. I'm not planning on being a teacher and I never really searched for anything pertaining to the subject. I really enjoyed this class and all the modules we did, it really opened my eyes to all the sites available to teachers to integrate the internet into their classrooms. I already shared a couple sites with my children's teachers because I'm so excited about what is offered online. I'm sure that you will become a great teacher and utilize the teacher communities online. I'm not sure if I will continue blogging at this point, but I think I will return to it at some point, maybe when I'm further into my studies on my major (Speech language pathology) I really enjoyed reading you blogs this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! It is so very true, I learned an amazing amount of new online literacy explorations that I had no idea existed. Google Lit Trips Trips I think will be an awesome use for classrooms and I am so excited that I learned about it. Also, the website that we had to create was fun and I never knew how many possibilities there are online for teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, it's interesting that you mention google as a search engine because it's all I use. But this class is opening my eyes to how many other sights are available for research.

    ReplyDelete